"35th Annual Road Rally" - Event DetailsDate & Time
July 4, 2014 | 12PM start
About the Event
Sanibel's longest-running 4th of July event celebrates 35 years of fun for teams and families as they puzzle out the clues while following a prescribed driving course around the Island. Prizes will be awarded for time, mileage and for the most correct answers to the quiz about things seen along the route. A "50/50" raffle will also be available. Fun for everyone!
1. Choose your team (a driver, navigator and spotters are usual)
2. Fill in the entry form (from Bailey's General Store, Sanibel Cafe, or Sanibel-Captiva Community Bank (also available at the starting line)
3. Mail it, together with entry fee of $35, to:
Entry Fee includes: Car, Driver, Navigator, Unlimited Crew, and 1 Official Road Rally T-Shirt (Additional T-Shirts will be available for $15.00).
Mail-in Registration (postmarked by June 30)
This year the rally begins in Timbers Restaurant parking lot (only one-half block north of Bailey's on Tarpon Bay Road) at 12 NOON, and also ends there for the "afterglow" party. Staggered starting times will be preassigned by the rally master. Map
Sponsorships are available for tax-free donations of $100 or more. Each sponsor gets publicity and a placard on one of the rally vehicles. All proceeds from the rally provide funds for the local Sanibel-Captiva Optimist Club's college scholarships. To arrange sponsorships, call Dani Howard at 239-472-0836, Randy at 699-8739, or Richard at 292-4631.
For further event information, please see the registration form, email us, or call Dani Howard at 239-472-0836.
While at Sanibel...
- Enjoy! Don't Destroy!
- Avoid disturbing and stay well clear of all nesting birds and sea turtles
- Take all litter to a check-in station for disposal
- Live shelling prohibited
- No feeding wild birds
- Please leash and clean up after your dog