THE 37TH ANNUAL SANIBEL 4TH OF JULY ROAD RALLY 2017 & A SPECIAL AFTER-RALLY PARTY
It’s soon Road Rally Time! SO… polish your sunglasses, clean up your driving gloves, get your team ready and prepare to have some fun!
Sanibel-Captiva Optimist Club’s longest-running 4th of July event celebrates 37 years of fun for teams and families as they puzzle out the clues while following a prescribed driving course around the Island.
Prizes will be awarded for correct time and mileage, for the most correct answers to the quiz about things seen along the route, as well as for the best decorated vehicle and the team coming from the farthest location. A “50/50 raffle” will also be available. Fun for everyone!
Download the registration form to register your group & car for the rally.
- Choose your team (a driver, navigator and spotters are usual)
- Fill in the entry form from Bailey’s General Store, Sanibel Cafe, or Sanibel-Captiva Community Bank, the newspaper or also available at the starting line.
- Mail it, together with this year’s pre-registration entry fee of $40 ($45 walk-in fee at starting line), to San-Cap Optimist Club, PO Box 1370, Sanibel, FL 33957, or bring it to the starting line (credit cards OK).
Entry Fee includes: Car, Driver, Navigator, Unlimited Crew, and 1 Official Road Rally T-Shirt (Additional T-Shirts will be available for $15.00). The number of entries is limited so register early.
This year the rally begins in Timbers Restaurant/Sanibel Grill parking lot (only one-half block north of Bailey’s General Store at 703 Tarpon Bay Road) at 12 NOON on the 4th of July, and also ends there for the “afterglow” party.
Staggered starting times (every two minutes) will be pre-assigned by the rally master, Randy Carson 239-699-8739. See the entry form for more details or call Randy Carson 239-699-8739, Richard McCurry 239-292-4631, or Dani Howard 239-472-0836.
Sponsorships are available for tax-free donations of $100 or more. We have a tiered sponsorship consisting of three levels:
- Event Sponsor Platinum Level of $1000 or more
- Lions Paw Gold Level of $500.00
- Junonia Silver Level of $250.00
- Conch Pearl Level of $100.00.
Each sponsor gets publicity and a placard on one of the rally vehicles. Call Randy Carson, or Richard McCurry, or Dani Howard, phones above, to arrange sponsorship. Download the 2016 Road Rally Solicitation letter
All proceeds from the rally provide funds for the local Sanibel-Captiva Optimist Club’s college scholarships.