ABOUT SANIBEL CAPTIVA OPTIMIST CLUB
Who We Are
The Sanibel Optimist Club is a volunteer organization whose members work each day to make the future brighter by bringing out the best in children, in their communities, and in themselves.
What We Do
We provide hope and a positive vision. We strive to be recognized as the premier local volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential by providing educational scholarships where possible.
Why We Do It
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life.
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
- To inspire respect for the law;
- To work for international accord and friendship among all people;
- To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.