To have the ability to provide scholarships for the the youth of our future, we organize several events per year. The proceeds of these events go to the educational support in community and to those who apply and are granted a scholarship.
Each year, the Sancap Optimist club grants educational scholarships to several children in need of a little help to pursue their educational dreams. To apply for an Optimist Scholarship, review the guidelines carefully and apply here.
The Sanibel Optimist Club is a volunteer organization whose members work each day to make the future brighter by bringing out the best in children, in their communities, and in themselves.
We provide hope and a positive vision. We strive to be recognized as the premier local volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential by providing educational scholarships where possible.
The purpose of this is:
– To develop optimism as a philosophy of life.
– To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
– To inspire respect for the law;
– To work for international accord and friendship among all people;
– To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.